Saturday, April 08, 2006

Ed vs. Spencer

All right, I got a new show for you guys. It's called, Ed vs. Spencer, and it's on BBC America. I'm not sure how I found it - I think I just saw a commercial on some other station. Anyway, it is friggin' hilarious. I'm not a big fan of reality TV...I was digging Amazing Race last year (family edition), but this season is budget.

Ed vs. Spencer is sort of a reality show...its kind of a mix between Jackass and something good. The two main characters, Ed & Spencer (hence the name of the show) are flatmates, who are extremely over-competitive. Each show is about a different competition between these two guys. I have absolutely no clue how long it's been on (I haven't had a chance to look around the website yet). The first show that I saw was a contest of who could stay handcuffed to the other the longest. Spencer attempts to get the advantage beforehand by eating a very stinky lunch.

However, it wasn't until I saw the most recent episode that I found myself hooked. This week's show was titled, "Who Do Women Like the Most?" Sound pretty self-explanatory? No? OK, well, each roommate dates three different women (aged 86, 39, 18). They get three dates on three consecutive nights with each of the women. First dude, Spencer, decides to dress up for the 86 year old, because his "nan" (grandmother) likes it when he dresses up. Without giving anything else away, I'll just end this with a recommendation: check out the show. If I had enough cash, I'd start up a spin-off over here in the states.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should check out the Canadian show Kenny Vs. Spenny. It's the original series that Ed Vs. Spencer is a spinoff of. I think it's better, then again, i'm Canadian.