Thursday, October 19, 2006

Risa's Survey

I was in the middle of writing my next entry, but I was just catching up on my big sis' blog and saw this survey jammer that I thought fit well here. So, without further adoooooo, here are my answers:

1. The last movie you saw in a theatre, and current-release movie you still want to see: I just saw The Departed. It was very good, but I thought maybe a bit overhyped. I highly recommend it. However, I like the original Hong Kong flick on which it is based, Infernal Affairs. I thought the Americanized remake was extremely entertaining and the acting was on point. I also really enjoyed the scenes that were completely copied from the original. I will never understand the current fascination that American studios are having with Asian cinema. Granted, the movies are outstanding, but I have no doubt that thousands of American originals are being passed up for remakes.

I also recently saw The Illusionist. So good!

The next two movies that I want to see are actually not out yet. Nightmare Before Christmas is being rereleased in 3D. I hate to admit it, but I've never seen this Tim Burton classic. I'm also excited for Borat...what can I say?

2. The last movie you rented/purchased for home viewing: Millions. Believe it or not, I've actually stopped buying DVDs. After seeing half of this family film (directed by Danny Boyle) on cable, I had to go out and get the DVD to finish it. Good movie.

3. A movie that made you laugh out loud: A movie? Ugh! There are too many to name, so I'll go with Tommy Boy, the first one that came to mind.

4. A movie that made you cry: A Beautiful Mind - although its more complicated than it sounds...and a story for another time.

5. A movie that was a darling of the critics, but you didn't think lived up to the hype: Training Day has got to be the most overrated movie of our time. Its not bad, but its not all that good either. There is no way that Denzel Washington deserved to win his first oscar for his part in this flick. If anyone should have won, look to his co-star, Ethan Hawke.

6. A movie that you thought was better than the critics: Super Troopers. Man, nobody would go see this in the theater with me and now its a huge cult hit...go figure.

7. Favorite animated movie: The Incredibles.

8. Favorite Disney Villain: Jiminy Cricket was a mean one.

9. Favorite movie musical: This is a tough one. I'd have to say that right now, I'm still loving Labyrinth. Not only is the story amazing, but its so surreal and fun to watch asthetically. Plus, you get to watch David Bowie kick around muppets, while he sings! Can you get any better?

10. Favorite movies of all-time (up to five).In no particular order
1. fight club
2. army of darkness
3. clerks
4. goonies
5. a christmas story

No comments: